60 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mdubster

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've got my dry rock for macro(need a few more pieces), Fiji pink sand, ro/di water in the tank need about 10 more gallons, now do I just dump the salt in the tank or what?

Thank you! Do you think there is enough room for coral? I'm a noob sorry lol

Thank you! Do you think there is enough room for coral? I'm a noob sorry lol

No need to be sorry... We all started out the same way. Personally after looking at it again. I'd take that top rock off, maybe lay it somewhere else in the tank. It looks pretty high up and you want that spot for say a high light coral.

Just a thought.

looks good just be sure the rock is secure so nothing can knock it over it looks like it's not very secure just don't want you to wind up with a rock falling breaking glass is your rock touching the glass on the bottom or is it on sand , looks like it's on the sand , some fish and crabs burrow and it will become unstable causing rocks to fall , just hate to see the glass breaking
rather see you have a safe happy tank
I always premix I never just dump salt in
good luck with your tank you have a nice start(y)(y)

Awesome thank y'all so much for the advice! I did the "shake test" it was pretty sturdy. I did put the rocks in first then the sand but moved them around. I'll push them into the sand think that will do the trick? Thanks again!

I'm a little confused on what lights to run and such. I have metal halide, led and 4 longer bulbs that might be t5. How long should I run my lights and in what order?

image-1364563723.jpg

Moonlights at night and the rest during the day. Do the T5's come on separate then the Metal halide? If so.... Turn your t5's on first wait an hour or two then turn the MH on. And reverse it at night. MH off first then t5's then your moonlights on.

Some fixtures the moonlight LED's are on 24/7

You can run your lights for 9-10 hours.

Hope this helps.

So the LEDs looks to be moonlights. You would run those at night, so you know what color temp your mh is? And your t5's ate prob gonna be actinics, this will cover your blue spectrum, aka the most important for photosynthesis with your corals as it penetrates the water the best. What color temp is your mh, and are your t5'a actinics( blue in color)?

Moonlights at night and the rest during the day. Do the T5's come on separate then the Metal halide? If so.... Turn your t5's on first wait an hour or two then turn the MH on. And reverse it at night. MH off first then t5's then your moonlights on.

Some fixtures the moonlight LED's are on 24/7

You can run your lights for 9-10 hours.

Hope this helps.

Yes t5 is on a different switch
Thanks for the quick reply hope the new planted tank goes well

So the LEDs looks to be moonlights. You would run those at night, so you know what color temp your mh is? And your t5's ate prob gonna be actinics, this will cover your blue spectrum, aka the most important for photosynthesis with your corals as it penetrates the water the best. What color temp is your mh, and are your t5'a actinics( blue in color)?

Sweet! Idk the color temp for the mh it's a 15k 250watt. The t5's have a blue tint to them

Sweet! Idk the color temp for the mh it's a 15k 250watt. The t5's have a blue tint to them

So then your color temp is 15k ;) the t5s are for your blue color temp usually around 450 or so. Good little light combo. I would run your t5's in the am say 9am to 9pm and your mh turn on at say 1130 to 530 then your moonlights on at 9pm and off and 9am or you can turn those off at midnight if you want a black out. I keep mine on all night and the fish will sometimes Cruise by at night if someone walks by. Just what I would do.

So then your color temp is 15k ;) the t5s are for your blue color temp usually around 450 or so. Good little light combo. I would run your t5's in the am say 9am to 9pm and your mh turn on at say 1130 to 530 then your moonlights on at 9pm and off and 9am or you can turn those off at midnight if you want a black out. I keep mine on all night and the fish will sometimes Cruise by at night if someone walks by. Just what I would do.

Lol ok awesome thanks for the info!!

Np post a few pics when you get a chance, we are all in this hobby together!

Back
Top Bottom