75 Gal Predator Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeYQM

Aquarium Advice Freak
May be buying a 76 gal to build a predator tank. I am thinking of putting a Dogface Puffer in there. What else would be good to go along? Wondering about lions (dwarf or common), triggers or other cool ones I can't put in my reef.

Thanks,

Mike

You could do a trigger and also some kind of dwarf lion.

Only certain triggers will fit in there. Like a humu or a Niger. Or an undulated.

The humu aka the Picasso. I like saying humu so I call it by that lol. But ya you could do one of the more aggressive clowns like a tomato or maroon

Ah, I get it. Was wondering about a clown trigger

Clown triggers get very large and are easily one of the most aggressive triggers you can get. Same with the undulated

Please don't take this the wrong way,but IMHO the smallest anyone should consider doing an aggressive/predator set up is 125 gallon 6 footer..No trigger belongs in a 4 foot tank ,,it will just cause them to snap faster than usual..I also wouldn't put a dog face in one...A 75 is very small when taking in account the fish will get 11+ inches ..I think a 125 is bare minimum and even then when housing triggers you better plan on an upgrade a couple years down the road....I speak from experience
You could do a dwarf lion and some mean ol' clowns AKA maroons or tomatos

You could also do a jewel damsel. I just got one if these guys for my predatory tank. He is beautiful :)

He is a quick little dude

Attachments

• image-220428395.jpg
    image-220428395.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1273299770.jpg
    image-1273299770.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 53
I am kind of considering getting a 55 g FOWLR and getting a flame angel, green wrasse, snowflake eel, and a blue spot puffer. Just a thought :)

thanks. It would be much cheaper than the reef (lighting wise) but I dont really have the space/time :/

Back
Top Bottom