75 gallon BUILD! -Heera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
crap, sorry to hear that... you mineaswell have someone ship it to ya from the states

I am next to the Border so no big deal going there to get it. As long as they have it for that price.

Homedepot does have playsand 88lbs/ 6$ but not PFS.

So I confirmed with the guy. I am picking up the tank tomorrow at 5pm.

Any tips on inspection before I buy...

What u guys feel $250 a good deal for 75 gallon tank and stand?

He also have some crushed coral sitting around for a year. What would be a fair price/lbs if I decide to buy for substrate?

Or am I just better off with PFS sand.

I'd stay away from the crushed coral, I've heard it help house nitrates. BUT thats what I hear. :)

I went with straight pfs.

I have used the play sand from homedepot. Just make sure you was it really well before it goes into the tank. The last time I got it $2/50lb bag. Mixed it with live sand, and all is well.

Oh yeah, for sure rinse it well. Took me hours to rinse mine but alot of crap came out of the sand so yeah, wash real well. :-D

carey said:
Oh yeah, for sure rinse it well. Took me hours to rinse mine but alot of crap came out of the sand so yeah, wash real well. :-D

So are we talking play sand or PFS.

No crushed corals got it.

Both. :) I would rinse the crapout of any sand going into the tank, even LFS sand. The only sand you dont rinse is live sand.

Hope that helped ya out.

lol carey also has a mini-coopers weight worth of sand in her tank lol. they are talking about pfs. id make sure and do a good close-up inspection of the tank, make sure its not cracked, check the seems for seal quality and gaps...wouldnt hurt if he could water test it for ya. i personally think 250 is a bit high for just a 75g and stand... but thats me

huma-huma said:
lol carey also has a mini-coopers weight worth of sand in her tank lol. they are talking about pfs. id make sure and do a good close-up inspection of the tank, make sure its not cracked, check the seems for seal quality and gaps...wouldnt hurt if he could water test it for ya. i personally think 250 is a bit high for just a 75g and stand... but thats me

Are u kidding? What u feel the price should be?

Oh checked homedepot online. They have the sand but not sold in Washington. Talk about tough luck.

Oh and someone had suggested going 90 gallon since same foot print.

What r your thoughts?? Wouldn't it be too tall?

The 75g should be less than 24" high I think, its the same as a 55g but its width is an extra 6".

What lights do you currently have anyway? I either missed it or forgot LOL

I want to thanks you guy for all your inputs. But I don't have the thanks button on the app.
:) so thank you a million times..

Oh and someone had suggested going 90 gallon since same foot print.

What r your thoughts?? Wouldn't it be too tall?

How tall are you? Do you mind having to go way deep into the tank for maintanence? I am only 5'2" so i have a real problem with depth on these tanks. lol Part of the reason I didnt go bigger than a 125g.

I kinda agree about the price, it seems a bit much for just tank and stand. Have you looked at craiglist in your area? You can get an idea of what things are going for......

wait is it drilled?? if so id say prob 200-225, if its coming with some goodies then 250 isnt bad..i picked up my 125 with EVERYTHING for 300... i believe Carey picked up her 125 and stand for $100

Yeah I paid $100 for tank stand and a set of lights for a 55g that i sold for $75. So I paid like $25 for mine. lol

The 75g and 90g will be 48" tanks for sure so a 36" wont fit. :) Unless you can hang it or something and even then you'll have 6 inches on either side kinda dimmer than the rest of the tank.

No not drilled. He had promised skimmer and powerheads but now says just tank and stand.

Lucky you guys. Wish I lived close to u. Why r prices so good there.

I will hang the lights hope they work I just paid 165$ less than a month ago.:(

Bad news :(

The guy selling raised the price to 300$ just for tank and stand.

Now my search starts all over again...

Back
Top Bottom