75g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Needles15

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking to stock my 75 gallon reef, currently I have 2 young occ clowns..

Any recommendations for the rest?

Royal grammas, fairy/flasher wrasses,
Any gobies, blennies, flame hawk, If you want a bigger fish a one spot foxface would be great

I would like a larger fish, but I'm not a fan of a foxface.. Any other ideas to replace that? Maybe an angel of some sort?? Flame angel??

And around how many fish can I get without too much bioload?

I'd put a round body tang in a 75 for a while. A small yellow or scopus, maybe a purple. You would not be able to keep it till full grown, but then again, not many can.

A kole tang would probably work or a dwarf angel.um I'd say 10-11 as long as they're all relatively smallish.

I'd put a round body tang in a 75 for a while. A small yellow or scopus, maybe a purple. You would not be able to keep it till full grown, but then again, not many can.

I really want a yellow tang! But I seen a post you were saying that it'll be okay until it's about full grown.. What could I do with it once it's grown cause this is my biggest tank.. And do you mean not many ppl can keep them alive that long? And should I stick with only 1 tang?

And idk if this will make a difference or not but this tank is in my tattoo shop and has a lot of ppl moving around it so I don't want any fish that would be stressed by this

Also thanks for the recommendation on the taotronic lights! They're awesome!

What I mean is, a full grown tang is a pretty large fish, and even in say- a 125, it's not going to fit very well. Imagine an 8" long tang with a round body in a 6' tank. I mean that there are not many people that have tanks in their homes that can house a full grown tang. Eventually most of those folks will have to find a larger home for it. A friend, a public aquarium, a larger tank...even tossing it back in the ocean if you live close enough to the ocean.
I wouldn't put too many tangs in a 75. One is enough IMO. I have a 4' tank as well. It's 24" front to back though, and I have 2 tangs right now that are pretty small. They won't be with me forever unless I substantially upgrade.

Okay that makes sense, my 75 is also 48"x24" but again I'm not an expert at this and don't want to risk hurting/killing a fish just cause I want more than 1.. So I will take your advice and stick with a juvenile yellow tang!
I'd also like a dwarf flame angel, is this possible with the tang?

And I figure I'll fill the rest with wrasse and smaller type fish.. Any favorites of yours that I could look into?

Okay so I just looked up a lot and have come down to this (if you guys approve)

2 occ clowns - in tank now

Wanting:

yellow tang
Red head Solon wrasse
Flame angel
Royal gramma
Green mandarin
Starry blenny
2 fire fish

See anything that won't get along?
And do I need to add a certain one first/last??

Thanks so much guys!

Just get a mandarin that is eating frozen. Add the tang last and the flame second to last.

I would skip the mandarin completely. Even if you see it eating prepared foods at the LFS doesn't mean it will do so when it gets to your house. The fairy wrasse will eat every pod it finds and the mandarin will most likely starve.

Alright I'm fine without the mandarin ..
Thanks for all the help guys!

Back
Top Bottom