80g mixed reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmattingly117

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok guys. Getting my stuff together. Going to take some time to get everything I need but I’m starting with the tank most importantly. Going to get a 80g StarFire 32x24x24. With center overflow. Building my own stand and probably going to diy the sump unless I find a good deal. Also read a lot on the mars aqua lights and I’m going to get a 300w. So I’m looking for input and suggestions. Still need a return and heater and skimmer and powerheads. The list goes on lol. Here’s what I’m looking at though. Going to try to post pics or links of products. IMG_3417.jpgIMG_3416.jpgIMG_3418.jpg

Man I did not know that! Thank you for that lol. I’m really inexperienced when it comes to sumps. How do I know how big and sizes to have? Is there a standard sizing per gallon?

here’s the skimmer, return, and heater. Also what about these powerheads? Would they be worth it or should I go another route?IMG_3437.jpgIMG_3438.jpgIMG_3439.jpgIMG_3440.jpg

The answer to the size of a sump is always, how big can I go? The more water you have in a system the easier the hobby is for you.
People really like the Jebao pumps. All I really know about them. Just keep in mind you want anywhere between 10-50x turnover of the water column depending on what you're looking for in your reef tank. This will go in tandem with the 1 lbs per gallon of both rock and sand.

Back
Top Bottom