90 gallon start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so i test my water and i was fairly pleased with the results :p
ph-8.2
ammonia-.25
nitrite-.25
nitrate-160
yes very very high nitrates.
im tryin to get my skimmer to work but it doesnt seem to want to :/

On behalf of Khij159753, who lost his iPod, lol, he wants to kno if this is to many fish for his new 90 and what everyoned input is:
A Foxface Loleopard wrasseengineer gobyblue green chromis x7+Bangaii cardinal x3+yellow tangbicolor blennychalk bassflame/coral beauty angelall added to my firefish, scooter blenny, yellow watchman, and true perc....

Input? Lol.

Kinda hard to read all squished together with no spaces, but I think I'm counting 21 fish total? And some of them get pretty good sized when full grown. IMO, that's pushing the stock a little bit. But that's just me. BTW, SUCKS that you lost your iPod!! Hope you find it!

i can post while im not at home.
A Foxface Lo
leopard wrasse
engineer goby
blue green chromis x7+
Bangaii cardinal x3+
yellow tang
bicolor blenny
chalk bass
flame/coral beauty angel

all added to my firefish, scooter blenny, yellow watchman, and true perc....
its 21 fish but i count all but 6 as nano or close to nano. I would be willing to get rid of the chalk bass but would perfer to keep everything else if at all possible. any input?

any of these fish i should not get for a certain reason? ive been researching it and it seems like it should all work out fine. its a 90 gallon with like a 20 gallon built in sump. 100lbs sand, 125lbs LR, and a remora aquaC skimmer rated for 180 gallons.

Beengirl said:
Kinda hard to read all squished together with no spaces, but I think I'm counting 21 fish total? And some of them get pretty good sized when full grown. IMO, that's pushing the stock a little bit. But that's just me. BTW, SUCKS that you lost your iPod!! Hope you find it!

Yes my phone was being dumb last night so I coyldnt fix my mess ups.

I could probably drop the tang, angel and bass. but will that be good enough? the next thing i would cut is the engineer goby but i really want that and all the others. idk how to cut down the bangaii and the chromis.

I heard bangaii's do better in groups of 3 so they can find a mate. and i heard chromis do better as pairs or a group of over 6.

Lol wow dude your stock is looking alot like mine!! Haha well i cant have that many fish in my tank... But you have my main ones on there! :p people should know that most engineer gobys are found at the size of your pinkey... And it takes a while for them to reach full size. I only like them when they are full size. Haha

Lol wow dude your stock is looking alot like mine!! Haha well i cant have that many fish in my tank... But you have my main ones on there! :p people should know that most engineer gobys are found at the size of your pinkey... And it takes a while for them to reach full size. I only like them when they are full size. Haha

so how over stocked am I? how many fish do i need to lose? ive heard of people having 30 fish in their tank so i didnt see to big of a problem with 21 when 15 of them id consider nano.

any ideas? i just need help figuring out this stocking list cause i really want all these fish.

30 fish is just insane. Haha not a good example. Drop the angel, tang, and bass for sure.... Then maybe get rid of a few chromis. Repost the stock list and we will see how it stands

A Foxface Lo
leopard wrasse
engineer goby
blue green chromis x5
Bangaii cardinal x3
bicolor blenny
firefish
scooter blenny
yellow watchman goby
true perc

is that any better?

I will be in the same boat with a 90G soon lol but just wanna let you know, if you plan on doing a reef tank, the fox face might pick at corals if not fed often. I know this bc I wanted to get one as well when I'm up and running.. just figured id share with you!

And your stock sounds okay considering the majority are nano.. looks like the fox face would be the center piece for awhile :)

I will be in the same boat with a 90G soon lol but just wanna let you know, if you plan on doing a reef tank, the fox face might pick at corals if not fed often. I know this bc I wanted to get one as well when I'm up and running.. just figured id share with you!

And your stock sounds okay considering the majority are nano.. looks like the fox face would be the center piece for awhile :)

I want the foxface sooooo bad :) its definately going to be my center peice! :) i know but i plan on keeping it well fed and hoping for the best :) Thanks!

Khij159753 said:
I want the foxface sooooo bad :) its definately going to be my center peice! :) i know but i plan on keeping it well fed and hoping for the best :) Thanks!

I'm following... im not sure what I wanna stock my 90G with yet.. heck, I don't even have the tank yet! Lol always planning ahead :)

Btw, did we ever get pictures? ;)

lol! planning aheads always nice. im kinda waiting till the last min to plan my stock list :/ but itll help me take things slow. plus i know a couple fish that i WILL get haha :)

no :( I lost my ipod and cant figure out how to add pictures when im on the website :/

Lol well you'll wanna add fish periodically anyways, not all at the same time so planning last minute is fine lol I was thinking of doing a snowflake eel in my 90 then basing the rest around him, I dunno tho lol

sounds nice :) i've always wanted to do a predator tank with dog face puffer and dwarf lionfish and trigger and an eel ect but ill need a bigger tank for that one.

Khij159753 said:
sounds nice :) i've always wanted to do a predator tank with dog face puffer and dwarf lionfish and trigger and an eel ect but ill need a bigger tank for that one.

Haha yeah, gotta do some research bc I'm not really sure what can go with a snowflake eel exactly haha

Back
Top Bottom