90g RR build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am glad you like the light and I will try my best to resolve your controller issue. Love the tank tho, great shimmers!!

Thanks frank, the lights do have awesome shimmer. I just wish I didn't rush the sump and throw dirty sand in. Oh well it means more room for new fancier corals.

Well the the last of my stuff came today. I now have a refractometer (saved over 50% by ordering online) I also got my filter sock holder and socks and check valve. Now to decide what I want for new corals. I know I want an orange torch, I would also love a blueberry gorgonian. I'm also leaning towards a red monti cap. I am undecided on what I want for other sps. I would love to add some colors other than green like blues purples reds and pinks. I do like the millipora, they are nice and flowy. Just for the record I'm not going to buy these corals yet, I want to let my system stabilize. Any suggestions on corals fire away, if you have pics include them or I can just check the always trusted google.

So I was contacted by a local reefer who is going t frag me some nice sps. The one I'm really stoked for is a forest fire monti.

Well I don't seem to have much of a following here but I'm updating regardless. I just got back from the city and got some new stuff. Firstly I got a new orange spot diamond goby to replace the one I lost in the apocalypse. So far he is kicking up a mess. I also got a sea hare, the one I had went into my father in laws tank so I got another. The algae bloom after the sand incident is still fairly minor but ill nip it in the butt sooner than later. Plus once I'm done with it my buddy who runs the LFS has a red hair algae issue on his tank so I will send it to him. The other hare I had was 3-4 times the size and mottled brown and white, this one is really dark brown (almost black) with bright blue spots and has gone to town on the algae. I also got 6 more astria snails. I did a water test the other day and things have stabilized and I'm actually seeing some of my coral come back. My softies are all rebounding, and my frogspawn has the little baby heads still kickin. I also have a mess of pods in my fuge to keep the spotted mandarin happy and fat. I got the new controller in for my pharos lights and now that I have full control over them they are AWESOME, they were before but now I can tinker. I have a nice list of SPS I'm getting next weekend so ill post the list here in a few, just have to find it.

just fyi, softies and sps might not like each other that much. I would suggest crank up ur carbon. It also helps just in case your sea hare not making it.

Forest fire montipora digitata
Purple digitata
Orange monti cap
Blue staghorn
Pink millipora
Blue millipora
Strawberry shortcake
Tricolor
Superman montipora digitata

Some sweet frags that I am stoked to get.
Deffinately an upgrade from the previous sps stock. I also found a golden torch I may order and I think I may skip replacing the rainbow monti considering what I am getting now.

just fyi, softies and sps might not like each other that much. I would suggest crank up ur carbon. It also helps just in case your sea hare not making it.

The softies and sps mixing isn't a big concern. I have a load of carbon running now so that's no issue. I am not a huge fan of softies so I don't have many. Some mushrooms that were hitchhikers, a toadstool and a Kenya tree. Don't worry I have a plan, scary I know lol. I appreciate the concern. I think the sea hare will be fine, given that he was on the prowl as soon as he left the bag into acclimation I'm not concerned.

Well it's Wednesday, happy hump day everyone. I am getting a new skimmer tonight, an SWC extreme 200 skimmer to be exact. Looking forward to getting my aquac hob off my sump and creating a little more silence. Also hoping to rearrange my plans to pick up coral Friday to pick them up today to save me another trip to the city.

Well it was a late night last night but so far it was worth it (didnt get to bed till 2:00am) did my run to the city and buddy hooked me up big time. All said and done I added 14 new coral, all sps. I am stoked and they look so nice so far. In addition to the list above I got a bright green monti cap (this thing is stunning), a Hollywood stunner chalice, panap birdsnest, some other nice birdsnest, aswell as a couple other I don't recall the name of ATM. I also got my new skimmer and boy that thing is a beast. Hardly managed to squeeze it in the sump but I did it. I also picked up some copepods for the father in law.

Attachments

• image-861575652.jpg
    image-861575652.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 99
  • image-1442681752.jpg
    image-1442681752.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 108
  • image-129489197.jpg
    image-129489197.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 94
  • image-1286067766.jpg
    image-1286067766.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3813359988.jpg
    image-3813359988.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 130
Nice! I love montis and chalices (don't have any myself not quite to that level yet) those with the acros really give the tank the true "reef look" IMHO.

I've had a monti before but this is my first chalice and it looks sweet. Last night I actually got two monti caps, one is orange and the other is bright green (like flourescent yellow). I have always loved the look of sps. Some people call them colored sticks, I call them pretty colored sticks.

Busy night last night so I wasn't able to post an update so here it is.

Most of my corals were open and happy when I got home but some were not so I moved some stuff around to find better flow spots. Also moved my powerheads to get a better flow pattern. The only issues were my two monti caps, both were showing tissue necrosis so I had to quickly frag them down. The orange has a very small frag left and my bright green has two slivers left. Hopefully they bounce back. Checking them this morning they are still kickin and haven't died off anymore so that's a good start. I have some pics of things but being that only my blues are on right now most corals don't show up but there is one of my forest fire, man I love that coral. My other corals that survived are bouncing back nicely. My favia wasn't effected at all.

My new skimmer is a beast and working hard. So nice to have a decent skimmer not to mention quieter. That hob was noisy with the splashdown into the sump (it wouldn't fit on the display because its braced all the way around with glass, I believe it's called eurobraced). Skimmer barely fit in my sump, I was planning on a smaller one but this one came up and the price was right. I even had to modify my filter sock holder to fit everything.

My pod population is huge and my spotted mandarin is fat and happy. He has adjusted nicely and is out swimming around all the time now. My clowns are still with me as is my blenny. I picked up another orange spot diamond goby to replace the one that died in the crash and he has been out sifting steady. He did however evict my engineer goby and took over his cave and I haven't spotted the engineer since. I'm sure he is around but he is pretty timid. I also plan on getting a powder blue tang, guy I got the coral from had one and honestly it is my favourite tang so far other than the Achilles. I really want something that will be active and swim around steady.

My last round of water tests turned out good other than my alkalinity is starting to decline so I'm going to have to start dosing. I'm going to get a two part dose going but am unsure which one to use. BRS has a 2 part that looks good but they only ship ups which I hate dealing with so I have to find some other source to get some. I have a buddy that orders from BRS and has means to have a ups delivery made without the hastle a normal joe gets so I may try to sweet talk him into ordering it for me.

I forgot to add pictures lol, here is my forest fire monti. This coral is so colorful.

Attachments

• image-858313893.jpg
    image-858313893.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 76
My torch and spotted goby. Didnt lose a single head off this guy which makes me happy. This was my Unicorn coral.

Attachments

• image-4083345860.jpg
    image-4083345860.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 85
Here is my GSP, in the background you can see the chalice on the sand to the left and the acan above. The acan retracted alot but is coming back and is starting to get the orange coloration back.

Attachments

• image-3534696800.jpg
    image-3534696800.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 94
Here you can see a small orange spot, that's what's left of the orange monti. Hasn't died back since I fragged off the dead spot so fingers crossed. I can't get a pic of the bright green monti cause everything glows so bright under the blues. Ill try to take a video of the tank later today once lights come on full.

Attachments

• image-184797112.jpg
    image-184797112.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 93
I'm sure your monti will come back. My orange one was all gone but a spot after a power outage while I was at work. The frag is growing well, and the entirely white skeleton came back too.

Back
Top Bottom