#$@#@%# !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pacu Man

Aquarium Advice Activist
A few days ago i posted about the high nitrates it was this that was causing the popeye from beforei managed to get rid of it the first time but they recently got it again and thats when i posted about the high nitrates. (takes a breather)

i did the water changes and cleaned the sandbed but still the fish had popeye. well today i found one of my percs dead and i got it outta there before the nitrates would go up any further. :cry:

now i couldnt figure it out, i figured maybe the blackout might've spiked it but the nitrates would have died down after the cleaning, so i looked around the tank and two of my turban snails were dead also, i dont know for how long but it didnt smell like it was recent, i couldnt even see them until i checked the whole tank, but now im gonna do some water changes and hopefully removing the dead snails will help stabilize the nitrates.

Could be a symptom of the power loss. How long where you out, what did the nitrates elevate to?

If the pop eye problem had just recently cleared up, there is a high chance that the recent problems could have made it come back. Even though the outward appearance of the problem was gone, the internal situation was most likley still being remedied.

How are the scarlet hermit and crab fairing?

Cheers
Steve

maybe u mean the fire shrimp and crab, there both doing great the shrimp molted yesterday, i tossed in some maracyn two today as well

Keep an eye on your levels if thats the case. Maracyn II is a broad spectrum anti-biotic and may have destroyed a fair amount of your nitrifying bacteria. You may end up with a bacterial bloom and/or a spike in the water quality.

Cheers
Steve

I recently use Maracyn in my tank, and am now experiencing a huge brown algae bloom. The stuff says you don't have to use a hospital tank, but I will never dose medicine in a set-up tank again. I saved the fish from the popeye, but lost several corals in the process.

Todd

Back
Top Bottom