A Few Newbie Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbeh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm looking to set up a saltwater in the coming months and I have some questions about various aspects of the salt life. :fish1:
I think I'm going to start with a 29 gallon. I would go bigger, but due to space and money restraints, this is the absolute biggest I can go.
My first questions pertain to stocking. I know that I want a pair of clownfish but I'm unsure what kind of fish are compatible since I've read that some clownfish can be somewhat aggressive. I'm interested in blennies, but I don't know what kind would work best. I want to keep my tank understocked, so would two clownfish and a blenny achieve that? Also, what kind of clean up crew do I need? I have very little knowledge of CUCs.
My next question is about filtering. I don't think I'm capable of running a sump and I'm also prone to power outages, so I wouldn't be comfortable with a sump if that happened. I know there are certain mods you can do, but I'm not confident in my ability to do them. XD I would like to use a HOB filter, so if I got a HOB filter for a 50-60 gallon aquarium, would that be enough filtration?
Do I need a protein skimmer?
What kind of soft corals are best for beginners? I want to keep corals, but they need to be near bulletproof. And finally, what kind of lighting do I need if I choose to keep said corals?

I know this is a lot, I'm sorry. :cry: Thanks so much in advance!! :thanks:

This is the light everyone likes .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MarsAqua-D...155288&hash=item5658ce27ed:g:SAAAAOSwrOtZr1nb
Most say it will grow anything.It is adjustable on 2 channels and the price can't be beat.
Light is the most important thing for corals.
Next is water. What is your water source going to be..
Most who try corals use RO/DI water to mix their salt in.
Get anAquaclear 110 and look into hydors for extra circulation.

Back
Top Bottom