? about mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sean112280

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there a way to proogate mushrooms? I have a single mushroom and was wondering if there is a way to make it grow into others

thanks

sroos will kind of walk to try and find a spot of their liking and they leave a bit of themselfs behind and that grows into another mushroom. You can also just cut it into four pieces through the center like a pie and put it in a tupperware with rubble rock and it will attach to the rocks and you will have four new sroos.

+1 for TC. You can also remove it from it is, placing the cut piece in wome rubble rock. The base left behind will regrow, so you wiill have two.

I always found that my shrooms grew like mad and ended up all over the tank. Given the right conditions mushrooms will do well and soon enough you will have MANY in your tank.

Easy to frag. I usually just cut the stalk, The you'll be left with the top of the mushroom, You can either let that stick to some LR rubble or cut that into 4 pieces. Just make sure you include the mouth in each piece.

Where you cut the stalk, That will grow into a new shroom, then you'll have 4 new frags/shrooms once they recover/grow.

Back
Top Bottom