Actually reef safe starfish and crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Looking for something a bit diffent then cleaner shrimp and hermit crabs. Any suggestions. I have smaller fish right now also so there's that

The problem is the size of the tank. Both of those are scavengers and need big tanks to find bits of food or microbes (for the starfish). You could put extra food in there but that would eventually foul up your water. The only thing I can think about in a ten gallon tank would be asternias. I see some people don't care for them but I do. They have never been an issue in the 17 yrs I have had my tank. Your LFS would probably give them to you. Good luck on your tank.

There's crabs you could do though. Porcelain, Pom Pom crabs are cool additions

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My bad, it's a 75g reef tank. Been set up for 5 months, perfect Parms and no major issues so far.

Like Pom Pom crabs, just afraid I'll never see them and porcelain crabs are on my list after I pick up a nice rose bulb for my clowns

6218-albums5643-picture30276.jpg

6218-albums5643-picture30105.jpg

6218-albums5643-picture28409.jpg

6218-albums5643-picture29796.jpg

Lol, man it's been a while since I even though about my signature haha. Have to get on ot

Back
Top Bottom