Adding fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maddunne

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi am a newbee from today. How long to I have to keep my tank running for before adding fish and does the heater and pump have to be running 24/7 I haven't a clue. I bought my salt water premixed that's how clueless I am.any help?

Okay so let's start with the basics. You got a tank? What size? How much live or base rock do you have? How much sand? Got all the test kits? Hydrometer? Heater should be set to correct temp and ran 24/7 power heads at least 1 should run 24/7. Do you want a reef tank or fish only? Have you read anything about the nitrogen cycle yet?

Khij159753 said:
Okay so let's start with the basics. You got a tank? What size? How much live or base rock do you have? How much sand? Got all the test kits? Hydrometer? Heater should be set to correct temp and ran 24/7 power heads at least 1 should run 24/7. Do you want a reef tank or fish only? Have you read anything about the nitrogen cycle yet?

I have a 180L tank. 9kg of live sand. No live rock yet but have been told I wide need about 18kg of rock. Gonna start with fish only. Man at fish shop said no need to test water as the water is 100% premixed and ready to go. No haven't read anything about nitrogen cycle,I will do now though.

Okay idk how much that is cause honestly I'm too lazy to do the converting. But! Get the test kits, the guy at the fish store will not always be there for you. There will be times you need to check levels NOW. you will need at least 1 lb LR for every gallon your tank is. Look up some starting forums on here and read about the nitrogen cycle then start posting questions. but get everything I mentioned! You'll probably need more later

Khij159753 said:
Okay idk how much that is cause honestly I'm too lazy to do the converting. But! Get the test kits, the guy at the fish store will not always be there for you. There will be times you need to check levels NOW. you will need at least 1 lb LR for every gallon your tank is. Look up some starting forums on here and read about the nitrogen cycle then start posting questions. but get everything I mentioned! You'll probably need more later

I buy it for 6pounds for 25L

Back
Top Bottom