Affordable led for Fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any suggestions for an affordable set of led lighting for a 75 gal fowlr. I had a USA current light and it just stopped working.

Affordable is a broad term when it comes to led lighting. Do you have a number in mind? Less than...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You want something that can just sit on the tank rim? Suspension?

It really does not matter to me. The current one I have sits on the rim and the water splashed on it. This is what I think may of ruined it. So maybe a suspended one would be the better choice. I worry about suspended ones lighting up the whole room though. Not sure if they do that or not I have never had that kind.

The finnex marine may work for you? You can make/get risers to get it away from the water.

No, the finnex does though.

Oh I'm sure they do.. not for under 200 though, you may be able to hook them up a controller to achieve this though??I don't know enough to say for certain. I know fw leds well. Making the jump to sw so I'm still learning.

I'll check the fin one out. I would like to keep my doors opened incase I go to any coral too. I know with my USA current one it will not support all corals. Not sure the watts on that unit. Thanks

That's what I was thinking.. I don't think the finnex will support must coral.

I guess you can mod them onto a controller, not sure how handy you are? I'm sure there are detailed instructions and you tube vids.

Being in Pittsburgh Josh, I'd check out the LFS around there to see what they have. When it comes to fish only tanks, you don't need anything special. There are all kinds of units that will do all kinds of things, but you aren't using them to keep anything alive. You can use anything from marineland units the whole way up to Radions...so this is almost too broad of a question to answer.

OK I will. I wanted to keep the door opened for if I decide to start adding coral. I'm just trying to find a unit that will do sunrise sunset and moon.

I've been looking at eBay Chinese ones. I'm just used to the preprogrammed light so these are new to me. At min. I would want to have moon in the evening. I guess I'll keep researching. If tuff when u need one ASAP lol

Back
Top Bottom