Air bubbles in new sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giblin7

Aquarium Advice Regular
There are tiny air bubbles in the new sand that I put into me tank. Just wondering what they are. Any ideas?

It is saltwater. It is in the substrate. The sand has been there for two weeks.

I think its nitrate bubbles ive heared of them I'm sure thats what there called u should google it....

I think its co2 actually caused by nitrate...im not sure if u should stur it up I think its not a bad thing bk I know a guy that cycles tanks super fast and his sand often has bubbles..

I would not stir it up if you have a ton of bubbles, because you can literally gas your tank of too much organic materials are released. This is based off a experience of mine between cycling and adding fish. I stirred the sandbed and my nitrites/trates spiked.

I would not stir it up if you have a ton of bubbles, because you can literally gas your tank of too much organic materials are released. This is based off a experience of mine between cycling and adding fish. I stirred the sandbed and my nitrites/trates spiked.

I've never had a problem. Gas pockets are not a problem unless they are allowed to sit and develop over time. Bubble clinging to sand are not dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom