Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More than likely, way to new for the nem. Worried it's going to croak and cause more issues for you

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes i mean anemone is doing beautiful, really nice color and really happy looking nothing wrong water is perfect tested at my lfs

If you're having blooms, something's not right

I might have to go to lfs and have them
Test for phosphated with there special test kit, the only thing i could think of is the frozen mysis shrimp i feed them every 3-4 days, the lfs said its really good and low in phosphates but then yet again idk?!?

Phosphates often don't show in tests, it's in the water, algae is feeding on it, so the test results are skewed

What's your fresh water testing at?

If there is algae .
I know there has to be high
1) nitrates
2) phosphates
Algae needs these high nutrients to grow .
Is it diatoms or cyano bacteria ?
Cyano is normally red .
But can be any colour ,
It's a slime algae .
Diatoms are normally a rusty colour .
For the nem , you have one of the easiest and hardiest to keep so I'm not worried .
A rule of thumb for reef keeping though ,
A nem should only be kept in mature systems ( 1 year plus )
You have a better chance of success keeping it alive , and thriving . Do you have any pictures ? Of the algae and anemone ?

The lfs has one of those electronic test kits, those r better right? Cause they show you 0.3 or what ever it would be

Freshwater ?
This is in a salt water reef ,
And they don't have freshwater anemones do they ?

Do you use conditioned water or rodi?

I know that, I mean the water you top off with and use for mixing... Have you tested it?

Didnt test it but i bought a brand new ro/di system when i re did tank so filters should be still good

Look at second pic u can see some bubbles thats what im more scared about then the other stuff

Back
Top Bottom