Algae driving me CRAZY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ndmartin0120

Aquarium Advice Regular
What looked like diatom at first now looks real hairy it's base is brown but hairs growing out if it. It isn't on my rocks just sand bed. What is the best way to get rid of it? I have done a massive WC to remove ammonia spike should I just leave lights off? I'm just so frustrated with this whole deal....lots of $ put in a tank to look like crap!!!

pics?

Could be cyanobacteria...sometimes it will appear brown or red and get stringy as well. Pics will help

Whatever it is, solution is prob going to be feed less, shorten lighting, more flow, and removing any excess nutrients/food you see that might be in corners.

Whatever it is, solution is prob going to be feed less, shorten lighting, more flow, and removing any excess nutrients/food you see that might be in corners.

Exactly what I was goings say as i had the same issue and solved it fast by doing that.

Sniperhank said:

Well I had an ammonia spike Saturday that killed all my fish after I added two Koralia 750's so did a 50% WC and turned lights off all I have is a couple hermits two turbos and five nassarius. Ammonia only spiked to .25 but somehow still killed fish

How do I get more circulation it is a 36gal with two 750s I thought that would be enough should I have gotten bigger powerheads?

Well my sand is so fine if I point them downwards at all it creates a bad sand storm...even pointed upwards towards the center it stills stirs sand and creates voids around edges of rocks

Back
Top Bottom