Almost Ready?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know the waiting sucks, we've all been there. It is worth it though. Your tank and livestock will thank you. Rushing things just causes issues.
I'd wait until I had ammonia and nitrites are 0 two days in a row and then do the large PWC.

(y)

Ok 1. i edited that out 2 seconds after i posted ( i.e. before you replied so i dont know why u see .25) because i typed my old nitrite readings. it is at ZERO. 2. And i repeat I DON NOT USE SHRIMP I DOSE WITH PURE AMMONIA thus i add ammonia it drops to zero within 24 hours and i dose back up so the bacteria does not die. all i am asking is if a LARGE PWC will lower my nitrate to an appropriate level because over my studies i came across that very idea. Waiting as not been an issue i started my fishless cycle over a month ago. if i was impatient i would have simple bought a damsel and threw it in. for some reason everyone just flamed my thread . i was asking a simple question. i will make sure not to post here any longer.

We're just looking out for your welware, if you are offended I'm sorry. It will be your loss though. Yes, it will remove nitrates. I don't believe anyone flamed your thread, they just agreed that you should wait an extra day to make sure the ammonia and nitrites stay at zero. I understand you are dosing, maybe don't dose as much so it goes down quickly (if your full dose makes you wait more than a day) Good luck with your tank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom