almost ready to add water.. few last minute questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, my wife had three, count them three blood clots, so while she was at the ER my son and I went to two lfs looking at their lr.

What was I gonna do, hold her hand? She's a nurse, she can handle it. Besides we have a two and a half year old, so someone has to watch him and he isn't easily entertained in an ER. At least we'd imagine. Plus everybody is sick there.

anyway

I'm still undecided between buying just the rock I want locally and buying it from tbsaltwater.com.

While my son went down for a nap I hooked up the unit I received this week from autotopoff.com. That is a nice simple unit. Who needs 1920s toilet bowl float valve technology. Ok, so this isn't revolutionary, but it's still much more compact and easier to setup. For me anyway.

So I have the 'float' connected. Now I'll be pumping out some water later tonight so I can add my rock and sand.

How many days/times have I said that so far?
that was a rhetorical question

Well, the wife is finally getting better and I am able to continue working on the tank again.

I went ahead and placed my order for a 'Package' from tampabaysaltwater.com. Now I'm gettin' nervous....

Now I have to think about aquascaping and such. Will I need approval from the city for this type of construction?

I'll have to get my Frank Lloyd Wright books out for inspriation.

My wife spent *several* more hours in the hospital and various doctors over the course of the last week. The clots seem to be going away on their own. Slowly and the pain is decreasing as well.

At this point, the tank is coming along wonderfully.
I received a call from tbsaltwater sat morning and after a hassle with Southwest airlines I was putting it in my tank Sunday early AM.

full.jpg

Left Side
L%20Side.jpg

Middle
middle.jpg

Right Side
r%20side.jpg

Various good and bad stuff:
red%20and%20blue%20thing.jpg

crab2.jpg

featherduster.jpg

red_snail.jpg

Glad your wife is doing better. lr looks good, is that crab still alive?

yup, alive and clawin'!
not for long though

I already pulled out two gorrillas utilizing a little tool from Sears

lil' dab of shrimp in the tool and ker-snap!
got em'

I'm amazed at all the snails and starfishies and shrimps and stuff that hitchiked across the country on this rock. Pictures just don't do it justice.

that little anemone in the pic looks like it might be an majano anemone which can be problematic. Just to give you a heads up in case it turns out to be one.

:)

ryguy said:
that little anemone in the pic looks like it might be an majano anemone which can be problematic. Just to give you a heads up in case it turns out to be one.

:)

Gotcha! Thanks.

I asked the folks at tbsaltwater and they said it was just a feather duster as did a few people that have come to the house to looky at it. Hopefully that's all it is.

looks like there is a small feather duster above it. (darkish brown) but the thing in the middle of the pic is definetely not a feather duster if we are talking about the same pic.

I saw that pic after Ryan mentioned majano but all the pics i saw were a different color. I'll keep an eyeball on it. Right now I only have two like that.

It was weird to see it in a different spot this am. Would've liked to have seen that move.

Back
Top Bottom