Almost ready to start!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arminkropp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, hopefully in about 3-4 weeks I will go ahead and start it up.
Of all the thing I've learned so far, one thing sticks out the most, PATIENCE!!
Second thing, quarantine!
I'll be starting with the following:
50 Gal tank
RO Water from local water shop
60Lbs Aragamax Sugar sand
20Lbs AragAlive Live sand
65Lbs Fiji Premium LR
Aqua C Skimmer
2xMaxi-jet 1200
2xVisi-therm 150W heaters
Fluval 304 canister Filter
Standard Hood Lighting(Two 48" Flou. 1x10000k and 1x12000k)
Instant Ocean salt
Hagen Master Test kit

And Of course a 10Gal. quarantine tank with a couple PVC pipes,heater,PH and small HOB filter

I hope I'm on the right track!
Let me know what you think and if I'm missing something.

he remembered the RO water -- we should all be so lucky ;)

...can't wait to get home to finish up my set-up too. wondering how much algae the tank has after 2 months of cycling.

best of luck!

Looks like you are off to a great start. How about test kits and a good SW book? I like "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. It has proved a very valuable resource for me. Good luck with the set up and have fun :lol: Lando

I'd pick up a refractometer and if your gonna do Corals a wave maker would a be great addition.

Good Luck

lando said:
Looks like you are off to a great start. How about test kits and a good SW book? I like "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" by Robert Fenner. It has proved a very valuable resource for me. Good luck with the set up and have fun :lol: Lando

As stated above, I have a hagen Master test kit. It has all the tests I should need with the exception of Alk.

As far as books go I bought the complete encyclopedia of the SW aquarium by Nick Dakin. Has setup instructions and basics. I will look into the one you mentioned. Thanks Lando

AK

Sorry, I missed the test kit in your post. Looks like you are ready to go!

Back
Top Bottom