Almost there.....but still looking for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rsquared333

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am creating a 46 gal bf reef tank with a 20 gal sump/fuge and have everything pretty much decided on but I am stuck on which protien skimmer to go with. I am looking for an in sump model that can be just put in the sump with minimal adjustment, is reliable, and will be efficent for a long time. Price isn't that much of a issue but I who like to keep it around $250-300. here is the rest of my set up if it helps:

Tank: 46 gal bow front

Lighting: Coralife lunar aqualight 36" 2x96 compact strip light w/2 lunar lights

Protien Skimmer: ?

Heater: 2 150 watt

Filtration: Live rock (70-80 lbs including base rock) and live sand (3"-4")
DSB and Microalgae in sump

Sump/Fuge: 20-30 gal
600 gph overflow box
Mag 7 return pump

Water Movement: Closed loop with Little Giant 2MDQX-SC and SCWD

These are the Skimmers I am choosing between(in no particular order) any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated:

AquaC Urchin Pro with Mag 3 pump
AquaC Urchin In-Sump w/ Drain Fitting w/ MaxiJet 1200
Euro-Reef ES5-2 protein skimmer with Sedra 3500 pump
ASM G1 Protein skimmer with Sedra 2500 pump

Also I would greatly appreciate any comments or suggestions of the setup.

The skimmer I'm using for my 30 gal is an in-sump AquaC Urchin. Highly rated and about 1/2 of your budget line.

Bump is when somebody wants their message to be read and it is falling on the forum list... When you "bump" it it goes back to the top of the list (any message makes it go to the top of the list). :wink:

URCHIN!!!! It's the in-sump version of the Remora. Same company, same plu-and-play. Mine is producing a wonderfully foul dark green slime all tucked away in my sump.

Back
Top Bottom