am I going to fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaboke

Aquarium Advice Regular
I added the clean up crew on friday I did orded the packet for 30 gallon
so thats strochus snail 8 - super tongan nassrius 6 - cerrith snail 12 - scarlet hermit 10 - one cleaner skrimp added yesterday
Yesterday I also bought 2 False percula clowns ( Juveniles hoping they pair up )
they go in Qaurintine for 6 weeks
Thats it for fisch and invertabers the only thing that I'm going to add now slowly is corals and muschrooms
My parameters for now are

ammo 0
nitrite 0.25
nitrate 10

Please feel free to comment

Kaboke

Judging by your NO2 reading you are going too fast. Any detectable traces of nitrite is toxic to livestock. I suggest mucho water changes to get the level down. Sounds like your cycle has not completed and the water changes may prolong it a bit more. However, they will also keep your clean-up crew alive.

In short, YES! If you are asking the question then you already know that. As Lando said, your cycle has not completed. There should be no detecable nitrite.

Keep up with partial water changes and you should be ok.

I agree that nitrites must be at 0 before adding livestock esp. Inverts (clean up crew). Frequent PWC`s are a must now.

my tank was cyceld I had 0 readings for 2 days and then probably aded the clean up crew to fast and the amount at one time to big I think that my NO2 bacterie needs a couple a days to adjust to the bioload I aded.

stupid stupid mistake I now

Kaboke

the cleanup crew will not add to the bioload unless they die in the tank.

I agree that the inverts will not add to the bioload. You might have misread your test results. Do it again and see what you get.

ok little update did PWC for 2 days and NO2 is back to zero I also found a dead snail that was probably the cause so for the next 6 weeks there nothing that I'm gone add (2 percula clowns in quarintine for 6 weeks ) and I hope that I can keep everything stable
after that I can start slowly adding zoo's, ricordia's,and some mushrooms

Kaboke

Back
Top Bottom