Am I overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boardsurfer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys/gals...

Please read my specs below. Do you think I have too much fish per gallon? I'm worried that I have too much fish, and not enough room.

Thanks.

I would definately remove the sailfin tang as he needs at least 125 gallons or more to be happy.....they get 15 inches long and prolly even taller than that..

Oh, and BTW-

Since I'm further along in my tank's life, I'm thinking of selling back 3 of the damsels to the LFS. I hate to admit it, but I kinda used the damsels for their durability. Is that wrong? My wife thinks I shouldn't do that. She says that if I intend to purchase a fish, then I should keep it for as long as it lives. What is the aquarium enthusiast's general code of ethics?

The tang SHOULD NOT be in a 45 Gallon tank :!: IMO, I'd get rid of all but one or two of the damsels and buy a center piece such as a dwarf angel and one more fish rated for your size tank ie. shrimp goby and a pistol shrimp to live symbiotically together or a friedmani psuedochromis. BTW, fish don't live long or happily in an overcrowded tank.

I agree with the other posters on the tang issue, FWIW, I have returned several fish because of temperment problems, this would certainly include damsels.

Back
Top Bottom