Amenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I personally don't have a anemone but my friend bought a condy anemone from petco for like 15 bucks and his clown fish hosted it...i would think that would be one of the cheapest anemone you can buy.. Not all clown fish will host though.. Mine has never hosted anything

Condys aren't the best first choice on nems imo. i would get a frogspawn or other flowing coral and try with that. With ANY anemone the chances that a clown will host it are a crap shoot. Same with a coral. Some clowns will host others won't.

Probably a Green Bubble Tip Anemone. But don't go for cheapest go for what you like the best. I know i would hate it to buy a anemone that doesn't look good then have my clowns host it

The only problem with a clown hosting a branching coral is that they will cause trauma to the heads and thus bringing on the dreaded brown jelly disease. As mentioned it`s not guaranteed that they will host an anenome but if you want the best choice as far as an anenome I would consider the bubble tip provided you have the proper lighting and at least a year old tank. As far as corals for me they have hosted bubble corals, walled hammers and mushrooms as my pics show.

100_1358.JPG

100_1013.JPG

100_0638.JPG

Back
Top Bottom