ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

i have crabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
just finding out my ammonia is a little high wich im not happy to see any help on a short term solution
im gonna do a 10g water change right now should i go get some ammonia chips and through them in the sump for a week mabey its a 130g set up around a month wich i transfered from a year old 20g with no problems yet

i hate the stupid colour charts thier to close to be accurate i think but around 0.3 or 0.4 just tested nitrite 0 nitrate 0
looks like a little cycle is gonna go down

What size tank? What is your stock and what type of filtration do you employ?

ok here we go
130g with a 20g sump i use carbon ceramic and and lots of filterfloss a phosphate sponge a crappy pryzm skimmer wich has been workin well the last week or so about 30 lbs of lr 2 fire shrimp 1 peppermint 8-10 hermits 2 zebra conchs a serpent star some orange star ,common general star a dominal damsil 5 green cromis 2 clowns 2 cardinals a 6 line wrass some snails im runnin 48'' corallife lunars 65x4 no corals and a dsb :roll:
rember u asked

i just changed 10 or 15g of water i had made up every thing seems fine i just dont want any problems probably over feeding the domino to keep him off the cromis

Well, not overstocked.
I agree, keep with the water changes until it comes down. Also run some fresh GAC.
To help with the long term, you sure could use some more rock, another 100 lbs or so would be great.
Also upgrading to a better skimmer.
Been set up for a while? Maybe your still cycling a bit. The lack of nitrate is a possible indicator. Have you ever had tracable nitrate?
Also, may want to take a sample to your LFS for comparison. These test kits are not always accurate.
Your stock is not stressing at all is it, color and eating habits good?

everyone seems fine ill be gettin about 30-50 lbs of rock soon but the new skimmer has to wait till i get the next tank in about 6 months
i think it must be cycling a little still

i tested my kh wich i havnt ever bothered to do as far as i can tell 200 is a little high so i dont think its acurate and if it is should i do anything about it

so i retested today amonia looks the same low on the chart but definatly yelow so i tested my other tank and its the same and so is my new water so im guessing ammonia test kits always show yellow or its a bum kit
well at least im not all stressed anymore and i already did a waterchange so i guess i have time to clean the crab tank now

I hate those test kits. They cause a lot of undue stress.
Glad everything is OK. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom