Ammonia issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjh302

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have had my tank for 3 months now and I'm still finding trace amounts of ammonia in it. Can't figure out why.

Ammonia-0.25ppm
Nitrate-10ppm
SG-1.027

I am anal about my weekly water changes. I just don't get it. I'm working on a 20 gallon build that I was getting ready to put together today finally but this has me a little apprehensive about starting a nano if I can't get my big tank right.

Fwiw, the smaller the system, the harder and more frustrating it can be. Wether it's SW or FW when it all crashes, it's usually pretty rapid, fairly devastating, and if not caught soon enough, difficult (not impossible) to recover from.

Ok so after reading your other thread, I suggest you either try a different ammonia test or take it to a lfs that doesn't use api to test and verify. I have seen so many false positives given by api kits. If it looks like it's just a little lighter than .25 on the api card, then it's really 0 IME

what type of filtration are you running? I agree with the api test kits they are not accurate

Back
Top Bottom