An anthias?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFrik

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can i house any type of anthias in a 29G? Just trying to see what other option do i have for my next fish.

EDITED: Would there be a peaceful, reefsafe wrasse for a 29G?

Anthias need to be in a group of 1 male per 2 females so id lean against no.

Anthias need a larger tank than a 29g as well.

a sixline wrasse is a nice small reef safe wrasse.

I was looking at sixlines and i read that they attack shrimps and might pick on any smaller fish? I was also looking at flasher fairy wrasse which was said to require at least 30G and is peaceful. Would this fish be another option for me?

Thanks for the responds guys.

Six lines are great, never seen mine bother inverts or other fish. Larger wrasses are know to do this though.

What about a a royal gramma, very colorful and hardy or some sort of blenny (bicolor or red lips). Even a goby of some sort would do well in your tank.

Most of these fish would do well in your setup:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=2124

Of course only 1 maybe 2 max. We have been over stocking levels before. :)

I had... a royal gramma before :'( Lost him to ich T.T

Hm... im leaning toward the sixline since u said urs havn't bother anything. Marinedepotlive says it's semi-aggressive that's y I still havn't decide on this fish.

Can i get a pair of pistol shrimp and shrimp goby? I want a non-sand-sifting goby tho... I had a diamond goby and it threw sand everywhere so i had to return it. Would a pistol shrimp be suitable for a reef? i've heard that they will attack anything that walk on the sandbed and are very territoria.

TIA

There is also a 4 line and 8 line wrasse. My LFS had them once, but it seems they are tough to find....The ones at the LFS were very active and curious.

I "think" my ich problem is under control but i won't add any fish yet. I'll wait for a few weeks. Im just trying to see what other fish i can get later on.

I've never seen 4 or 8 line wrasse at my LFS before. Mayb next time i go buy fish, i'll look at purchasing a 6 line.

Any other suggestion guys?

Back
Top Bottom