Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twisted metal

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have had a 29Gal saltwater tank for about 7months and upgraded to a 75Gal tank with good light. I have a 48" LED LIGHT & 36" LED LIGHT. Both are reef LED lights. It's a nice set up, but I want an anemone. This 75Gal tank has been set up for about 3-4months. I have not had any problems. I got a wet/dry filter w/ refugium(sp) and good skimmer all in a 20Gal sump. The tank has aged nicely, faster then expected. The marineland LED REEF lights put out a total of 6,000 Lums. I have many corals, that all love the light, better then my old two 96watt compact bulbs. The question is, do YOU think the Ritter anemone has a good chance in my tank. Right now I have a green bubble tip anemone, and she's doing great. She loves the lights, but I like the Ritter anemone. I want to trade her out for the Ritter. I have had the bubble tip anemone for two months. I have also had good luck with a Ritter before, but that was with a tank aged for almost 3 years. Then I moved. :(

Welcome to AA. It sounds like a month old setup? Has it finished the new tank syndrome yet? Gone through all the algae phases that is. How quickly are the other corals growing? The annoying thing is that the magnificent anemone will move around the tank and sting all your other corals.

You have the experience with them already. I personally would give it a couple more months and see how much the bta grows.

The upgraded tank has been set up for 4 months. I have gone through the green hair algae, and had some red stuff. That has all finished a month or so ago. No other problems, the corals or doing better in this tank then the old 29Gal. My C-Ducans have grown a total of 8 heads. Yes I spot feed every week or other week. The corals are great, the only thing that has not grown alot is my clam. The clam fully comes out, but has not grown within the amount I had her. I figured she would be a slower grower thow.

which marineland LED fixture puts out 6000 lumens? you mean 600, don't you? if so, you won't be able to keep an anemone alive under that fixture. the clam will probably fail also.

*edit* oh, i'm looking at the "reef capable" fixtures now. with the 48 and the 36 over the tank, it should be ok for clams and anemones. the clam needs proper calcium and alk levels in order to grow, not just light. are you monitoring your calcium?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom