Anemone crisis!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanArti

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a bubble tip anemone yesterday and he was doing fine. My clown synced with it and everything was jolly. I come home late last night and notice my anemone is hung on an overhang in my rocks prolly cuz I left the lights on to long. This morning I wake up and find it face down in the sand.. I pick him up and put him face up on the sand bed next to some rocks. He does t look bad he still has his colors just look weak.

Attachments

• image-152800829.jpg
    image-152800829.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 172
Mouth open isn't good. Why lighting do you have? And what about flow? It looks like there is absolutely no flow.

If thats the color its been since you got it then it was already bleached and on its way to death. It looks like a goner. I would remove before it pollutes the tank. Mouth being that open its only a matter of time before it expels its insides.

I left it in a couple more days and look at it now. It's gotten waaaay better. What do you think?

Picture

Attachments

• image-1443393395.jpg
    image-1443393395.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 137
Looks great! Good job being patient, and giving it a little time to adjust. Looks like that's all it needed.
Good luck with your tank!

I fed it half of a silverside when I got him last Wednesday

Considering that it looks like its turned the corner from a few days ago, if provided ample light, it should gain its color back. I feed my Sebae once every 10-14 days, a silverside. Some say feeding is not necessary, as they are mostly photosynthetic, but I like to feed mine every so often. I've had my Nem for over 6 years.
Continued luck with it Juan!

When do I know it has fully recovered? And I don't understand what happened to it in the first place.. What happens if it's bleached?

What should I get to increase the flow? My tank is 55 gallons.

The water that gets pumped back in to the tank after the trickle filter. What kind should I get because I don't understand the power output of powerheads and where to position them.

To go the cheaper route, 2 maxi-jet 900's would put some flow in your tank.
There are many power heads out there, but these are the least expensive. I've had some Maxi-jets running for more than 7 years, non-stop.

The newer style maxi-jets (pros) are very loud. I think the best bang for buck are the hydor koralias. You could get two 750's, one on each side of the tank.

It just takes a little trial and error for the placement of the pumps. You just want to make a decent flow through the tank. A wavemaker would be a good addition, as well. This will make the flow pattern more random. Some companies sell them as a package. 2 pumps and a wavemaker together.

scottayy said:
The newer style maxi-jets (pros) are very loud. I think the best bang for buck are the hydor koralias. You could get two 750's, one on each side of the tank.

I just got 2 Cobalt aquatics maxi-jet 1200's and they don't make a sound, even on my wave-maker. Maybe you just got some defective ones.

Back
Top Bottom