Anemonie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You dont need a skimmer specifically for an anemone, but they will help keep your perameters stable, which is necessary for an anemone. Im my opinion, every tank over 30 or so gallons should have a protein skimmer just to keep the water clean.

joshpwolf said:
Do u need a protein skimmer for an anemonie in a tank?

No, however nems are very delicate and sensitive, all parameters must remain good and stable, lighting and flow sufficient. A protien skimmer will aid in this. Also recommended nems only be added to an eatablished tank of at least 6-12 months.

Most will say you don't need to feed them at all, which is probably true, but I feed mine a silverside, every 10 days. Just seems right. I used to feed it once a week, but after about 4-5 years it got huge! I've been feeding it every 10 days for about 6 months now.
Target fed Mysis, should work fine.

Target feeding is giving food directly to something, rather than broadcast feeding which is dumping it into the tank's water column and hoping it gets everywhere it needs to. What you are planning is more useful for filter feeders. Just give it one small mysis once a week if you are going to feed it. Even then, you shouldn't need to feed it.

Back
Top Bottom