Anenomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anemones need strong light? I just bought the marineland led Light hood. And I want a few clownfish, and was wandering if anemones are required.

You do not need an anemone for clownfish...and you do not need clownfish for an anemone. They can both survive well enough on their own. You are correct, they do need strong lighting, and the marineland leds just do not provide strong enough lighting to support such a creature.

Indeed marineland LED are not good enough...even the ones that are reef capable. Tao LEDs are really good lights..

Ok thanks for your responses. I don't have the money to invest in stronger lighting right now, but i think I will still get the clowns. Is there any "cool creators" I could get for a low light tank? Any corals, macros, mushrooms, etc?

It's not strong enough for anemones. I'm not even sure if any coral can be kept under those.

Indeed marineland LED are not good enough...even the ones that are reef capable. Tao LEDs are really good lights..

Agreed, taotronics are great. Have them on both my tanks and just bought my latest one off ebay for $109.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom