Another algae question... (coralline perhaps?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BDAWG

Aquarium Advice Freak
What's up my AA compadre's? It's been a while since I've posted because my tank has been doing pretty good. But some new algae has been developing. It doesn't look like a nuisance algae, but I could be wrong. The characteristics of it remind me more of coralline than anything else. I've never had coralline grow in my tank before so I can't be sure.

Anyway, it's growing on my glass, and a little on my PH. It's hard and dosen't rub off. The thing that is confusing me though is the fact it's light green, not pink/purple.

Has anyone heard of this or had this experience?

TIA

Coralline can appear in several different colors including green. It normally forms in circular patches. You would need to have some in the tank for it to spread. Do you have LR or LS that was transferred to the tank.

Yes, I do have about 40 lbs. of figi, and 10 lbs. of Keys rock from LR.com I recieved about 1 1/2 months ago. It is forming in small circles. And I have been dosing and testing calcium keeping it around 400-450ppm.

I get green "dots" in groups near the base of my glass, just above the sand where it is hard to clean with the magnet. Some of my rock has a green "coraline" look to them as well. It's a nuisence because I have to clean it off the walls with a credit card, but otherwise not much of a bother. No more so than a purple coraline but seems to grow a tad faster. Glad to hear that all is well with your tank otherwise!

Thanks Phyl, I'll just keep an eye on it in the mean time and keep dosing calcium.

Thanks for the help folks!

Yeah, I have more of the green coraline than the purple kind. I'm wishing I had more of the purple cause the green sure does have the look of an algae.

yes my tank has red it may be a pain but depends on your preference i just scrub it off the front and sides of mine the back wall is pretty much covered entirely and it looks great

Back
Top Bottom