ANOTHER NEWBie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crow123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 30 gallon tank that i have set up for a week so far
my question is
1.i have live sand but it does not seem to be "live", yes i did buy it in a bag from a lfs, but i didnt know any other places to buy live sand and i expected it to be sumwat alive, so does that mean i have just sand? or do i have to wait? and does my tank not being fully cycle have to do with ne of it?

2.do u guys think a snowflake eel and a dwarf lionfish be good enuff in a 30 gallon tank? just those 2? cuz thats rly all i want

i do plan on puting liverock, it will be FOWLR

thx for ur comments :D

No, I think a snowflake needs at least a 55.. a dwarf lionfish might be o.k. in a 30.

SFE will be fine in a 30 they do not swim much. They do need hiding places, i would add the LR now if you can. If you do add the LR later make sure it's cured so you don't get a cycle.
Bag LS IMO is not real live sand it may just have some type of bacteria on it. Real Ls has critters, pods, worms these things can not live in a bag on the shelf.

'live' only ever refers to the bacterial colonies living on rock or sand. 'live' never guarantees you'll get a hitchiker like copapods, crabs, duster worms, etc.

Besides if you get good fresh rock, you will get pleanty of life to seed the sand with.

Back
Top Bottom