Another one of those fish lists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blorkiemom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, I finally have a display tank with a plumbed sump, so it's time to get serious about figuring out what fishies are going to live there. It's a 75 w/ 29 g sump/fuge; I'll have ~120 lbs LR, chaeto in the fuge, 4" DSB. Euroreef ES5-3 skimmer. FOWLR for right now, moving into some corals (PC lights) when tank is ready. Here's the "wish list," in order of potential addition:

2x ocellaris (TB)
1x royal gramma
3x chromis
1x flame angel (I know a crapshoot with corals)
1x squarespot anthias, male (too aggressive?)
1x yellow tang

Now, that's 9 fish and I'm assuming too many. The last 3 are my husband's picks, and I've said no to so many of his choices (too aggressive, not reef compatible) that I would really like to keep those if possible, so the chromis would be the ones to go (bummer as I like them a lot). Could I replace them with a goby, if so (total of 7 fish)? Any DSB-compatible suggestions?

I'm also not sure about the anthias--hubby saw one last week and fell in love. I would happily replace with another bright anthias if anyone has less-aggressive suggestions. At any rate, all comments and suggestions welcome . . . I'd rather hear it from you than have unhappy fish!

Not really overstocked, but if you want to keep it on the lean side, I would loose the anthia. The Flame is a crap shoot with the corals, but personally I would take the chance. (Of course this is from someone who likes fish more than corals.) :wink:
JMO.

Personally, I've found the square anthias to be somewhat difficult to keep. I'm 0 for 3 at it. Specifically, even if they demonstrated a nice appetite immediately, they eventually stopped eating (all water parameters were fine). So, I'd vote Chromis in, Anthias out. Sorry hubby.

I don't think thats overstocked.... I have not experience with the square anthias. The yellow tang add last, these can be a mean fish but are nice looking fish.

Thanks, everyone. Seaham358--I understand that about the tang--it wouldn't be my choice, but I'm trying to keep hubby happy. Onebowl, any suggestions for hardier anthias? Quarryshark, yeah, I look at the corals as a nice backdrop for the fish. :)

Happy to hear more!

look at my Sig.

I have about the same amount of fish and have no problems at all.

These are all pretty small fish so your bio-load wont be maxed out.
If you have good filtration you will be fine

Back
Top Bottom