Any help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luv4bettas

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello. I am new to saltwater tanks! So I would like to know everything I need to know for a starting tank. I am willing to take a couple years of setting up! So I am doing some research. But here is a list of things I need to know:
-Good starter fish (I prefer coral)
-Size of tank for that
-the cost
-maintenance
-substrate
-size of tank
-food
-filter
-anything else needed
As I said I AM willing to take a few years to set up but I am still learning!! Thanks!!
Luv4bettas :fish2:

First off I recommend reading all the articles on here about set up and maintenance. Also have a look at live aquaria - check out the kind of fish you would like to keep. It will list minimum tank size and care level for all of them. It's best to choose what you like first, then build your tank with that in mind. It's good you're taking it slow! Salt water can be expensive so research is the key ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The best thing to do is decide what your base fish is going to keep just do a search for beginner saltwater fish. You will want to check out the article on fish compatibility on this site and also check to make sure the fish is compatible with coral.Once you have done that you can determine the size of the tank you need. As for the cost that comes once you have chosen the tank size. As for substrate it can be personal choice some do not even use it.Most will tell you to stay away from crushed coral though because it is a Nitrate factory. Maintenance depends on what you decide to do.What I can say is it is only as hard as you make it. The food depends on the fish. I would recommend just searching the internet ,read and Youtube can be helpful.Good luck and feel free to ask questions!

Back
Top Bottom