Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Anyone use K1 media.

So we have started the cycling process for our SW tank. Now I have a question for anyone I'm used to using live rock for our biological media in SW but a friend of mine told me about K1 media in his sump tank that is SW. He swears by it but I have only heard of it being used in the FW tanks. I just need to get some input on this. I have seen but have never used this product which looks like it would work great but I have never heard of SW hobbyist use it. My friend is sending me some in the mail which he said is overkill for our 150 gallon tank. How would you use this in my 55 gallon sump. Currently I have it built with 4 baffles I was thinking mechanical, then K1, LR, Then return to tank. Give me your input, the good the bad and the ugly of this. This is going to be all fluidized so the K1 will be constantly moving around with airstones. Don't currently have a protein skimmer yet but will be getting one within a few days currently waiting on some donated material from a healthy SW tank and possibly a protein skimmer from him.

Old 06-17-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I don't know anything about this media, but a skimmer is more important. That and no airstones in saltwater, the bubbles will add a ton of salt creep issues.
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com