Anyone use K1 media.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ducatiboss

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So we have started the cycling process for our SW tank. Now I have a question for anyone I'm used to using live rock for our biological media in SW but a friend of mine told me about K1 media in his sump tank that is SW. He swears by it but I have only heard of it being used in the FW tanks. I just need to get some input on this. I have seen but have never used this product which looks like it would work great but I have never heard of SW hobbyist use it. My friend is sending me some in the mail which he said is overkill for our 150 gallon tank. How would you use this in my 55 gallon sump. Currently I have it built with 4 baffles I was thinking mechanical, then K1, LR, Then return to tank. Give me your input, the good the bad and the ugly of this. This is going to be all fluidized so the K1 will be constantly moving around with airstones. Don't currently have a protein skimmer yet but will be getting one within a few days currently waiting on some donated material from a healthy SW tank and possibly a protein skimmer from him.

I don't know anything about this media, but a skimmer is more important. That and no airstones in saltwater, the bubbles will add a ton of salt creep issues.

Back
Top Bottom