Anyone Used Purple UP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thor32766

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have seen this stuff they call purple up that supposidly helps the growth of coraline algea. Anyone use this stuff any success.

One of the guys in our club has used it with great success. He swears by it. I don't have any personal experience with it though.

do you have to keep up with you calcium levels or can you just add it like the directions say and not worry about a calcium buildup.

I have never heard anything bad about it other than it is expensive. I think it is not needed. Maintain your CA level and do reg WC and you will be trying to figure out how to slow it down. Look at the coralline in my gallery. I have never added anything but CA.

I like it, I have used kalk for years with no coralline growth. First bottle of purple up, I have growth, second bottle even better, I am about to order the third.

I'd be happy to send you the scrapings from my glass.
Me too. I noticed the other day that my strainer covering the drain from the fuge back to the sump is getting covered in coralline. 8O It has less than 1 watt per gal in it?

I have a couple pieces of purple rock that I bought for seeding purposes 2 years ago..those rocks are still purple, the other rocks were not until I started with the purple up....yet the darker brownish red color grows on my glass and I have to scrape it off with major difficulty every few days.

Back
Top Bottom