Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Appropriate stocking? What coral or reef would work best?

I am planning on a 125 gallon tank. I want to have a reef but I don't know if these fish are compatible, or what coral/reef plants I should put in there. Also how much of each fish should I get? I'll tell you what I was planning and you tell me what I should change/keep.

3-5 pyjama cardinalfish
1 Lamarck's Angelfish
1-3 Chalk Bass
1-2 Ocellaris Clownfish
3-5 Yellowtail Damselfish
1 Blue Tang
1 Blue Gudgeon Dartfish
1-3 Red Spotted Goby.

Now, I'm not expected to max out in the number of fish I've given you. I don't know what fish are good in pairs/groups and which should be left alone. I don't even know if all these fish are compatible. If someone could help me choose a good number for each fish, or tell me which are good and which should be thrown out that would help. And as more help, if someone could tell me a good coral/reef set up, that would also help a lot because idk what does best with these fish. Thanks

Old 05-30-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm no expert so can't help much but damsels are pretty aggressive fish. I had 2 yellow tails in my first tank and I wish I never got them. That being said they are beautiful fish and I'm not sure if you would have the same problem.

Also blue tangs are pretty prone to getting ich and a lot of people struggle with them.

Sorry that's about as much as I can help

Old 05-30-2017, 04:38 PM   #3
SW REEF 20+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

If it is the 6 foot 125 gallon tank then a couple tangs would be ok. The yellow tang and yellow eyed Kole tang are good tangs to get. Don't get the damsels. Very mean.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
app, ate, coral, reef, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com