aquac remona preskimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

choupic

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just add a preskimmer/bubble trap to my aquac remona..Now im worried if my water level drops. My maxi jet pump will burn up.Might even start a fire. Im thinking of drilling a hole at the bottom so water can come from the top and bottom.

Does any body have this preskimmer, If so what do you think?

I just got a used Aqua C w/ a preskimmer box. What i did to prevent the pump from burning up is removing one of the 3 screw on the box so there's a small hole on the side of the box. Same concept at drilling a hole at the bottom. If you decide to drill, don't drill at the bottom. Your prefilter will be useless if the pump gets water from the bottom instead of from the top.

I had the same problem, overnight the water was too low from evaporation. I contacted aquaC about cutting the slots down a little more and they said if anything to carefully drill a couple small holes in the bottom. They said to not push on the drill- but let the heat of the spinning bit sort of burn through.
I just took the whole thing off cause it took up so much of the tank and seemed like a constant pain. I still get great skimmate and I only have two small fish in a 75
hth

Back
Top Bottom