AquaC Remora with Maxi Jet 1200

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchased a new skimmer from ebay. It came with printed directions from proteinskimmer.com. I have no idea where to put the maxi jet pump. What parts of the pump do I use? I am replacing a Red Sea Prizm skimmer. That skimmer was simple to use, but was not very effective. Once I get this put together properly I should be ok. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jim

Edit:
I think I figured it out. I don't think it is producing anything, but it has to break in. It seems very quiet. It has some noise, but compared to the Red Sea Prizm it is silent. I still would like anybody's advice. Thanks!

Give it a couple of weeks to break in. The noise will eventually go away. Did you also purchase the optional skimmer box? This will help alleviate the excess bubbles.

I didn't purchase the skimmer box. The skimmer was quiet then I woke up to a loud vibrating noise. I unpluged the skimmer. Then I put it back on and it was still vibrating. Then I touched the skimmer and moved it and it stopped making noise. I adjusted the back two screws, but the skimmer doesn't sit solid on back of tank. With the Red Sea Prizm it has a screw that keeps it from moving. The two screws on the remora don't really hold the skimmer in place. The tank is a 30 gal high tank. Any suggestions on how to keep skimmer in one spot so it doesn't start making vibrating noise?

hmmm, i have the exact same one. the only thing i can tell you is to adjust how it sits on the tank. the screws on the back are just to make it parallel with the tank. maybe check how tight you have the clasps to the ph. mine is silent. it was pretty noisy the first week or so during breakin, but now its fine.

The only thing I can think of is the PH on the back glass. I took off the suction cups today because it was bugging me having it vibrate on and off. The PH is far enough away that it doesn't touch the tank and I don't get that stupid vibrating noise.

Just an update. The skimmer is working great. Much better than the Red Sea Prizm. It is very quiet and it stopped making the vibrating noise. Still getting some micro bubbles in the tank but not as many as the first few days. I am so happy I made this purchase.

Back
Top Bottom