AquaKai's First SW Tank Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did! They said that they were tank bred, so I hope I didn't get him from the reef;)

Thank you! I'm super excited about him. It's taking forever to acclimate him, but I really don't want to do anything to kill him! He cost too much to do that;) He's officially my first SW fish and most expensive. Love him!:love:

Oh god, they are very expensive!!!! I've paid $100 for a fish, I told my parents if I pay any more for a fish, take me to the nut house lol

Quick question, what all should I feed him?

I have marine flakes and I also have frozen brine shrimp. I've read the mysis (?) is good too. Should I look into pellets or something else or what? Kind of realized just now he might be a little more picky than the FW fish!

Mine eats pellets, won't even look at flakes. Every fish will eat brine but it's not really good for them, I use mysis instead. I also feed rods food along with some pieces of mussels that he hogs because he's a fatty. It's all about variety with marine fish. I've been meaning to get to petsmart to buy more frozen food, the more variety, the better.

But really, they'll eat anything. I'd go get some mysis though because brine as no nutritional value

image-2067543528.jpg

Fatty :p

Edit- but brine and flakes if he takes them will be fine until you can get mysis, brine I use as a treat.

Great. I'll start to stock up on things as things go along. Hopefully he'll like the flakes for a little bit yet. Then I'll go and get some more. Thanks guys! Also, I know FW fish eat them but do SW fish eat black worms? I have a baggie of them for my DP but I don't know if they're good. Ah, so many questions and so few really good answers I can find. Such diverse opinions!

Edit: also George, that is one cute clownfish:)

Great. I'll start to stock up on things as things go along. Hopefully he'll like the flakes for a little bit yet. Then I'll go and get some more. Thanks guys! Also, I know FW fish eat them but do SW fish eat black worms? I have a baggie of them for my DP but I don't know if they're good. Ah, so many questions and so few really good answers I can find. Such diverse opinions!

Edit: also George, that is one cute clownfish:)

Usually, what doesnt come from the ocean you don't want to give saltwater fish, so I wouldnt feed blackworms, but they might like it

How's he doing? Has he explored his new home?

He's doing pretty good, so far he's made it to every corner in the tank. He has found "his" spot in the tank. It's the middle right section, he keeps swimming up and down that region. Occasionally he'll swim the length of the tank and around the LR, but always ending up in that spot. It's really cute:D

He's doing pretty good, so far he's made it to every corner in the tank. He has found "his" spot in the tank. It's the middle right section, he keeps swimming up and down that region. Occasionally he'll swim the length of the tank and around the LR, but always ending up in that spot. It's really cute:D

Ah geez I'm sorry I keep asking I just love clownfish lol. I hope he starts eating flakes!

Ah geez I'm sorry I keep asking I just love clownfish lol. I hope he starts eating flakes!

Haha, it's all good:D. He's slowly becoming one of my favorite fish! Behind my angel, though. I haven't tried any flakes tonight because I doubt he would have accepted any, but I'm going to try tomorrow afternoon to give him one full day of my tank. I wish he would stop zooming around so I could get a better picture. Perhaps tomorrow he'll slow down a bit:)

Haha, it's all good:D. He's slowly becoming one of my favorite fish! Behind my angel, though. I haven't tried any flakes tonight because I doubt he would have accepted any, but I'm going to try tomorrow afternoon to give him one full day of my tank. I wish he would stop zooming around so I could get a better picture. Perhaps tomorrow he'll slow down a bit:)

lol they never slow down! All my pictures come out blurry too haha

Back
Top Bottom