Aquarium addict returning to the hobby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CamT223

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good afternoon all!

2 years ago I decided to get out of the hobby due to lack of time and the living situation. I had a 75g reef, 55g cichlid tank and a 20g small reef. Now to some new living arrangements and upgraded salary I'm getting back into the addiction!
There's some things I need some refreshers on, I'm looking at a tank on Craigslist right now, hundred gallon tank. Says it includes 55 gallon refugium and a light that has "2 sets of T5" don't know much more on the light other than it is made by Current. They are asking 600 for this set with stand and canopy, what do you all think? I am wanting to get back to a reef...but the highest light requirement coral I plan keeping is most likely frogspawn or some sort.

Thanks everyone for your input!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426386724.978032.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

600 bucks for a 100 and a 55 sump? THAT IS SUCH A GREAT DEAL. You can always upgrade lighting but a stand as well as a 100 and 55 is amazing.

I paid 400 for a 75 and stand. I'd do it or keep looking. Saw a 240 gallon in my area with complete sump system for $1200.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Well does that look like a 55 and a 100 to you guys? I haven't gotten dimensions yet but they both look a little smaller than what was stated. If yall think its a good deal and the true size then maybe I will put a bid in.

Also, on the first day I started looking, I saw a 220 withstand canopy, refugium, protein skimmer, excellent lighting completely stocked with regal tang, sailfin, clowns and a few others for $750. Said he sold it the night before!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think you should contact them for measurements or drop by so you can check to make sure the measurements are legit.

That tank looks kind of tall. IMO, a reef tank should have a nice, wide, footprint and be somewhat shallow so you can light it easily, plus be able to reach the bottom. That could be a 100 tall ([FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]48 7/8 x 19 x 30 3/4) [/FONT]which means it's 31" to the bottom and only 19 front to back. I wouldn't want it. [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]

That tank looks kind of tall. IMO, a reef tank should have a nice, wide, footprint and be somewhat shallow so you can light it easily, plus be able to reach the bottom. That could be a 100 tall ([FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]48 7/8 x 19 x 30 3/4) [/FONT]which means it's 31" to the bottom and only 19 front to back. I wouldn't want it. [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]

Very good point, if I wanted some hammer corals on the bottom I may end up having troubles! I moved on from that one and now I found an 80 gallon which domes with stand and a sump for 125. Not sure what else it comes with yet, I just emailed the seller. Hopefully some more good stuff!

Back
Top Bottom