Aquarium Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ram74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all; I considering getting a 210 gallon aquarium with a metal stand. Only problem is that I have been told that is not wise to put a tank that big on an open metal stand. Any input or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm not opposed to getting a solid pine stand but due to there being a heating vent directly behind where the tank would be I don’t want it blocking the vent.

well metal is stronger than food, most metal anyways. technically when you put an aquarium on a wooden stand, the bottom of the tank doesnt get any support, but the built in brace, so i dont see why metal would be worse, other than if it cracked, it would be on your floor imeadiatley instead of a few hours with a solid wood stand.

(btw when i say wood stand, i mean stand, not a frame)

others might have other reasons im unaware of...

I think it will depend on the stand. I think most metal stands built for aquariums won't take a tank that large. I am sure you could build one or possibly find one. You don't typically see a metal stand for tanks bigger than 55 gal. That is all that I have seen any way.

Back
Top Bottom