AquaScaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roberz00

Aquarium Advice Activist
How did you folks go about laying out the LR and such? I have seen pics of the rocks against the back walls. My LR currently sits off the wall about 1-1.5 inches to allow the fish to swim all around and yes, there are "hiding spots" in the LR for them. Little cave like spots n such. I'll try to get a pic posted later today as I am at work and not at the home computer.

that is correct you dont want your rocks up against the back of the glass becuase it makes it to difficult to clean the back of your tank

i'm the same way, i leave room all the way around it so i can clean and the fish can swim. So i try to pile up the rocks in a safe manner in the middle of the tank.

I guess i should have said also that its a BioCube 29 tank so looking thru the back wall is a no go. hehe

Attachments

• front view.jpg
    front view.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Rt side.jpg
    Rt side.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 84
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 70
  • fancy damsel.jpg
    fancy damsel.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 75
I wouldn't put rock up against the glass. Except for on the bottom of the tant, it is good to put the rock right on the glass on the bottom of the tank and then fill the sand in around it.

I guess I`m the odd ball here. I have mine all the way up the back of the wall. It forces the fish to swim out front where you can enjoy them. I have a PH pushing water on the backside. I`ve never regretted it.

Yeah I am also the odd one I feel as if my rock is up against the glass also prevent the fishies from hiding in the back all the time.... I'm in the same boat as Melosu. Also I guess if you guys like to keep your glass clean all around I only let my back glass get dirty and clean the sides and front, Also I like my Coraline to grown on my back glass... :)

Back
Top Bottom