Aquascaping & Live Rock questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DOLPH

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I'm about to purchase base and Live rock for my tank and was wondering how to place them in the tank. Do I need to glue the pieces together or something? Can I just place them ontop of each other without anything holding them together?

Also, do I place Live Rock ontop of the base Rock, mix them both up, or place the LR on the bottom?

I just stack them together, but make sure they are stable. I like the "bump test", give the rocks a knock and make sure they are well seated.

You can place the base rock and live rock in any combination that you want, it's all about eye appeal. :)

I agree it up to you since you have to look at it. I just stack mine on top of each other and as Lindsay said I give it the finger shaking test. When you do it make sure you leave little caves in there for the fish.

I agree with the other, make sure you push it down so the rock is on the tank's bottom, so if you get sand burrowers, they can't topple that whole stack. I have used epoxy sticks to hold some of mine together, when I made a cave.

Back
Top Bottom