Aquascaping help!!! I have no idea what im doing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

csoutherland

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have about 100 pounds of live rock for my 75 gallon reef tank I'm about to start and have no idea how to aquascape at all. Obviously I want it to look cool and unique so I guess I need some tips and ideas. The rocks are of all different kinds possible so it's not like they all fit together. Please help me figure this out!
Thank you :)

image-394078707.jpg

Are you looking for design ideas or assistance with building the structure?

For building the basic structure there is a few ways to stack the rock. You can drill holes through it and run fiberglass rods through it to build standing structures. You could also buy an aquarium epoxy that will hold the rocks together very well without being permanent. Lastly, you can just stack them. The only downside to stacking is that it could potentially fall over squishing fish and it's difficult to build it very high. It is however the easiest method to use if you want to rescape your tank. Whichever method you choose just be sure to put the largest rocks on the bottom and then build up from there.

Just try to get as many caves as possible while having good locations to place corals. You can put your largest bulky pieces on the bottom with space between and then bridge those. Like a house of cards. Just test each piece to make sure it doesn't move easily. It may take a while to get it the way you like it.

Back
Top Bottom