Aquatraders-Worth it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

first-timer89

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this a good deal????? JEBO 48" COMPACT FLUORESCENT 220W $99.00 $59.99

o
220 watts total output.
o
FREE! 2 x 55 watt Daylight bulb 10,000K.
o
FREE! 2 x 55 watt True Actinic.
o
Non-corrosive Powder coated aluminum housing.
o
Acrylic anti-splash guard.
o
Dual on/off switches.
o
Built in reflector for more efficient light output.
o
Quality tested electronic ballast.
o
For freshwater or saltwater.

Pretty much everyone will tell you Jebo makes the lowest quality PC lights on the market. That is not in dispute at all. $60 will get you 2 PC bulbs from other manufacturers, that is about it. The Jebos still might be good enough if you are willing to take the risk. Think of it like buying a really cheap car. They are awesome when they run right, but if you have a problem with that $1500 Daewoo, you will wish you bought something else.

Along the same lines, my first car was a $500 POS, I bought it because that was all I had the money for. Everyone told me not to buy it. I put about 40,000 miles on the car over three years and never had trouble with it. Best $500 I ever spent. A $500 car worked out for me, but not for anyone else I know...

For $60, why not try it out and tell us all how it works out for you? :D

Got mine on the 13th and fired that baby up. It ran the next day all day but shut itself off around 8pm??? the light was very hot.....
The next morning it fired back up and has been fine after that. I have left a door open on my stand to get more air flow under there. i will be looking for a cheap small fan. The light is on my 15 gal fuge, run it from 7-930pm..
the light is made very well and it looks nice..... I hope it last a while.

I don't think so...... You can touch the light and it won't burn you, so its not hot like a MH...... Mine is under my 125 so there is not muh air flow there. It comes with the legs so there is air flow under.

I just got a 36 inch 2x 96 watt light fixture from them. Works great. Bulbs do slide around a bit no end caps,but... The only problem I have is the leg/stand kit, when fitted properly, now doesn't fit my tank (30 Gal long) Grrrr. anyone else have this problem? I can Mikey Mouse it but....

Back
Top Bottom