Attempting to Convince my Parents for an Upgrade...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brilliant_Barbs_21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I found this great deal on Craigslist for a 90 gallon tank that comes with the stand, a canopy (and mh lights that I will sell and buy quality LEDs if I get the set) powerheads, a sump, dead rock, a digital thermometer, a wave maker, and more for $600. So my question is, if I get the tank, what should I do with my 10 gallon nano? Should I make it a quarantine tank or a coral frag holding tank? And is $600 a good deal? Here's the link: http://nh.craigslist.org/for/4063414405.html

To be honest, it seems a tad on the high price. Tank + stand at the most I would pay would be $200. The rest of the equipment doesn't really add up to $400. There's no skimmer either :/

I agree that is high. I just got a 240g glass with about 250 lbs of live rock, 200lbs sand, lights, sump with skimmer and an RO system. Stand and canopy are high quality, solid wood and it came with a Lionfish and Singapore Angel. All for $800.

I sold my 75g acrylic with stand and lights for $200 just to make a fast sale. I would not pay more than $250 for that tank without a skimmer.

If you keep looking, odds are you will find a deal. Cash talks too...if you contact someone and say you have cash in hand, but feel their price is high, then make an offer and see if they bite. Doesn't hurt to ask and usually people list higher than they will take, unless they make it crystal clear that the listed price is not negotiable.

Keep in mind that whatever it does not come with will be an expense. With my recent purchase, I knew I wanted to rework the prior owners sump system and add a refugium, but that was a minimal expense considering the other things (RO system) it came with. It was supposed to come with a chiller too (not listed on sale, but a definite verbal agreement on three occasions), but I think this guy is going to back out on that, as "its in storage and I never have time to get over and look for it". I'm still happy with the overall deal though.

Yea I would say keep looking/ waiting I am contemplating a deal on gl a 125 with a nice stand and canopy for $350.

Back
Top Bottom