Back in the Saddle again! And Nervous as Hell!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bassoonguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

Got my new fishes yesterday after six weeks of waiting (I had a tank wipeout .. marine velvet) I'm VERY nervous! Following the advice of several people, I feed the bacterial colonies in the qaurenine and main tanks with sources of ammonia so I could add three fish at one time (saving on shipping) and so far so good.. no detectable ammonia.. fish arrived looking fairly good (ordered from Marinedepot.com) .. all in the 4-5 inch range.. Longnose Butterflyfish, Imperator Angel (BEAUTIFUL juvenile coloration), and black Volitans lion. Angel went immediatley to work after acclimation picking at rocks ect. fed some krill.. greedily ate it. The longnose has been much more shy.. but I think he picked apart one of the hermits I have kept in the Quarentine tank while I wasn't looking LOL The lion is very nice, but ended up being the smallest fish in the order... hasn't accepted dead food yet, but apparently stalks the amphipods crawling around in the substrate.

Wish me luck!

One more thing.. had a little scare.. the angel seems to have some rapid breathing. what is normal for these guys?

As long as there are no elevated ammonia or nitrite levels I would not be overly concerned with the breathing rates.

Back
Top Bottom