Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-03-2017, 10:19 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Bacteria in a bottle

I'm using bacteria supplements and dosing ammonia chloride when needed and tank is still cycling with ammunition nia and high nitrites after 4 weeks! I thought this stuff was supposed to make it quicker

Old 08-04-2017, 12:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

My experience with bacteria supplements is the good ones work about 50% of the time and the bad ones work significantly less often than that.

I am not sure if transportation and storage plays a big part or if it is just luck of the draw.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

are you still dosing with ammonia even at the nitrite portion? Why not drop the ammonia and give the second portion of the cycle to catch up. I used seachem stability to cycle my reef just because i got the bottle free and was impatient and Ill say after my experience, Id use it again in a heartbeat.

Tags
bacteria, bottle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com