base rock!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sHistA

Aquarium Advice Regular
i want to get about 20 pounds of baserock. what do u thnk is a good website with cheap shipping.. i dont want hirocks beacuse it ends up being 70$$ for 20 pounds of baserock.

rock is expensive to ship... no matter where you end up ordering from. you may have good luck at a LFS. they should have cheap base rock or dead rock by the pound.

~mike

I just got 35 lbs of base rock for $55 shipped to my house from Reefer Rocks out of their ebay store.

I pay $1.69-$1.99/lb for base rock (coral, lace or tuffa) at my LFS. To me the biggest advantage to going with an LFS is you get to pick out the rock based on what you want.

JMO,

Oh, the other advantage is I get to sort through what they have. When buying lace rock I tend to go with large flat pieces I can stand on end to create a drop off(cliff) effect in my taller tank. More surface area for bacteria and cave for hiding.

Where in Pensy are you? There are many reef clubs in your area (Skukill Valley (SV-SEA), Philli Area Reef Club (PARC), North Central Pennsylvania Area Reef Society (NCPARS)) to name a few. I would start by looking to the local clubs/reefers and see if you can find some rock. You can normally pick up rock locally for 2-3$ per pound and it is usually live, cycled rock.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom